by Pickleball Superstore March 11, 2023
- Overall: highly recommend these paddles!
- Improved Durability: unibody design, so the pickleball paddle will not break at the neck like many other paddle brands
- Improved Performance: edge foam is injected into the edge guard and good balance points
- Spin: performed very well and one of the best on the market
- Power: very good paddle for power, with obviously the 14mm having more power than the 16mm models
- Control: good paddle for control, however not as "soft" as the original CRBN paddles
- Sweet Spot: wide sweet spot most likely due to the use of the injected foam
The top quality for the CRBN Power Series paddles is SPIN!!!! These paddles do not disappoint in this area, so if you're looking for the best pickleball paddle for spin on the market, look no further!
CRBN offers their new Power Series in an elongated and standard shape with two thicknesses, 16mm and 14mm. The elongated shape is the 1x model and the standard shape is the 2x model.
If you’re currently playing with a 16 mm raw carbon paddle without the Unibody Tech and are looking for a little more power, then the CRBN X 16mm paddles are a good option. It has the ability to be controlled nearly as well but will add some power to your game to finish points more often. Plus, the extra spin potential doesn’t hurt. The 14mm paddles have less control, but more pop.
If you’re someone who needs more help with their soft game and often pops the ball up, then I’d recommend CRBN’s original series over the X series. The original series has a softer feel and absorbs pace off the ball better.
These performance pickleball paddles are crafted with the same durable, gritty carbon fiber face that you can expect from CRBN, with additional and unmatched power and pop.
No expense was spared making this the best power-focused carbon fiber paddle on the market. The perfect balance of durability, touch, and power allow you to be even more aggressive on the courts.
Other brands attach their handle to a separate paddle face creating a weak joint at the neck where the paddle can flex and eventually break. CRBN utilizes a unibody design with carbon fiber running from the face down through the handle which stiffens the paddle, makes it more responsive and durable, and provides a more ergonomic grip.
These CRBN pickleball paddle are injected with foam around the edges and down through the handle. This foam adds stability, eliminates vibration, and greatly expands the sweet spot leading to improved shot consistency no matter where you hit the ball.